Cyber bullying can affect anyone and at any time.
Definition of cyber bullying:
With the virtual world it can be hard to identify the bully but it is also easily proved that it is going on. This can also help to identify the bullies.
What you can do...
Do not respond to any threats
Keep evidence of cyberbullying. Record the dates, times, and descriptions of instances when cyberbullying has occurred. Save and print screenshots, emails, and text messages. Use this evidence to report cyberbullying to web and cell phone service providers.
Block the person /persons that are bullying .
Report these immediately:
Stalking and hate crimes
Sexually explicit messages or photos
Taking a photo or video of someone in a place where he or she would expect privacy.
Some of these laws could apply with cyber bullying :
Cyber bullying through mobile phones is much harder than through internet to prevent.
Remind your kid to be careful when giving their mobile phone numbers.
• Tell your parents, teacher or other trusted adult – don’t stay silent and hope it will go away – it won’t!
• Save and store the emails, chat logs or SMS’s in case of Police investigation
• Block and delete the bully from all contact lists
• Do not respond to nasty emails, chats, SMS or comments – this is what the bully wants so ignore them. (They will need your help to do this)
• Use the ‘report abuse’ button which all websites/applications have. Tell them the problems you are having and they are obligated to investigate.
• Have some ‘down time’ without computer or mobile. Give yourself some time away from technology just for a break
• If the bullying continues – delete your current email, msn, hotmail etc and start a new account. Only give your new details to a small list of trusted friends.
• Get a new phone number if being harassed on your phone. Report the problem to your phone company and insist on a new number for free.
• If the bullying continues get mum or dad to report the bullying to the Police.
Freedom Support Solutions offer our clients a bespoke range of day support to adults with a learning disability and mental health problems. We provide activities that promote social inclusion for groups that have found themselves at times excluded. We are based in Market Harborough, close to the town centre. This has enabled us to provide a variety of support to our client’s accessing local community facilities. These include the Leisure Center, library, local shops, job center, allotment, volunteering and work experiences.
AJ Doyle Photography was established in January 2014 and is based near Lutterworth, Leicestershire. We cater for all kinds of events from Children’s Parties right through to Weddings. Being so close to three counties, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire it gives us a larger community to serve, also meaning travel is no issue.
HAB'S OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER
Our goal is to mentor, educate and inspire all children and young adults with the necessary life-long skills and courage to take action against becoming the victim of bullying in their schools, sporting clubs, workplaces and the broader community.
Angels Goal Mission
Angels Goal mission is to promote awareness of, and aid in the prevention of, bullying against children and young adults, where they may be.